Urban Survival: Civilian SERE – Jacksonville, FL
January 18, 2019 @ 9:00 am - January 20, 2019 @ 5:00 pm$350.00
Survival * Evasion * Resistance * Escape
Whether you are an international traveler or never leave your neighborhood, the threat of encountering hostile individuals is a reality for all of us. Learn valuable skills to put you at an advantage in event of situations like home invasion, assault, and kidnap. Our SERE course is developed from personal training in Naval special forces, omitting those elements which we are not legally able to provide to the civilian population. We further tailor the instruction to focus on the most common threats encountered by civilians both domestically and abroad.
- In this class you will learn:
- Situational awareness and preventative measures
- Escaping common restraints like handcuffs and zip ties
- Learn how to use and conceal makeshift weapons
- Survival mentality and how to best interact with hostile individuals and captors
- Navigation and wilderness survival tips when being tracked
Tactical survival is a different beast than wilderness survival, sometimes requiring the elements of wilderness survival be put to use in an escape or evasion scenario. Tactical survival requires a significant mental preparedness in a high-stress situation. Being trained and prepared for an urban survival situation can truly be the difference between life and death.
This course is ideal for:
- International travelers
- Mission teams and aid workers
- Students heading to college or who plan to travel
- Anyone who feels they might be a target or never wants to be a victim