- This event has passed.
Pathfinder Northeast Basic Survival Class- Adirondacks April 2019
April 12 @ 8:00 am - April 14 @ 11:00 am$450
Pathfinder Northeast Basic Survival Class (3 day, 2 night course)
Classes limited to 18 students
A Patch Qualification Course
The purpose of the Basic Survival Class is to provide students with the knowledge to survive a 72 hr. emergency scenario, using the items the 10 C’s of Survivability. The multi-functionality of the items within the kit will be discussed, demonstrated and applied to self-aid situations, Fire Craft, Shelter Construction and Water Collection.
Basic does not mean easy, it means the essential facts or principles of a subject or skill. Our essentials will revolutionize your outdoor training by pushing you beyond the limits you would otherwise push yourself. You can expect to walk an overall average of 3-4 miles over the entire course carrying your gear (approx 35lb) along with collected woodland materials as needed for projects.
You will complete various timed exercises at times individually and as part of a team. Each deliverable is designed to make you more self reliant. If you don’t give up on yourself, we won’t give up on you. We will also take many tasks slower to ensure you have retained the Knowledge working in an EDI (Educate, Demonstrate, Imitate) fashion of training.
Click Here for the Required Equipment List
IMPORTANT: Regardless of your experience or skill level in the woods, the Basic class is an intense class and is the foundation from which all of the other classes are built. This class will require hikes of 1-2 miles for collecting sticks and navigation courses daily over terrain which may be very muddy and uneven while carrying your gear. Port-a-Pots are located approximately 400 yards from the base camp near the parking area. Water is available from jugs always located in Base Camp. The third night of the course you will be required to sleep in a temporary shelter that you will construct as part of the final exercise and you will have limited gear for comfort- no exceptions are made unless you leave the course entirely.
If you suffer from a medical condition or chronic pain, please bring your prescribed medicines with you. If you have recently undergone surgery or a hospital stay within the last 30 days, DO NOT attempt this course until you have had more time to recuperate.
It is highly recommended that you physically prepare yourself at least a month in advance to this or any other Pathfinder course by hiking/ walking regularly (at least 3 times weekly) for 5K working up to a pack weight of 50lb before the class begins. As the premier school of self-reliance, our training exceeds that of any other school in the nation; so please take it seriously and take the time to physically prepare. It is strongly recommended to take the Basic class before taking an Intermediate or Advanced class (anything above the Basic class). Again, this class is the Foundation, and without it, you may not pass more advanced level classes. No refunds will be issued for classes you do not pass or those you quit.
Non Patch Qualification Policy:
- When a student enrolls it is fully expected that they intend to certify in Basic Survival (by going for the patch); we do not allow anyone to remain in camp without instructors present. If you fall behind due to an inability to complete assigned tasks, but are keeping up and doing your best- GREAT! Keep it up and complete the course to the best of your ability. However, should you be hindered in your ability to keep up with the group due to physical injury or other health problem(s), we will go above and beyond to get you back in the game by aiding in your mobility, administering hydration and personal motivation! But, should those efforts fail, you may be unable to complete the course at which time you will need to leave the school grounds.
- If you quit at any point during the course, a helper will be assigned to aid you in packing your equipment so you may leave the school grounds.
- Again, it is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE, to complete the course without qualifying for the patch, just let your instructor know that this is your desire.
- To those graduating from the course a Basic Patch and Certificate of Completion shall be issued to you signed by the Instructional staff.
- To those remaining throughout the course but did not meet the requirements of Patch Qualification a Certificate of Training shall be issued to you, signed by the Instructional staff.
- Both documents note Continuing Education Units awarded for which some employers may offer educational benefits.
Any student under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Young Adults 13 yrs old & older are full price. Children 10-12 yrs old attend FREE (one child per paying student).
- This class is not recommended for youths under age 13.
- Children ages 10-12 must remain with their parent/guardian at all times.
- Children ages 10-12 will not qualify for a patch.
- If your child is left in camp repeatedly or left alone to be cared for by staff, you may be asked to leave the class and fail the course.
If you bring a minor that is not your child you must have a signed Emergency Care Authorization form filled out by that child’s parent(s) or legal guardian. Download the form by clicking on this link –
Due to property insurance restrictions: There will be NO camping on the school property prior to the start of the class or after the class concludes.
Click Here for the Class Purchase Policy
- New York – Adirondack | Gray Bearded Green Beret
- Lake George, NY United States
July 5 @ 9:00 am - July 7 @ 5:00 pm
September 20 @ 8:00 am - September 22 @ 12:00 pm