American Survival Co.
Joel Graves – Jacksonville, FL
We are combat-tested veterans and certified survival instructors passionate about preparing you to survive emergency situations, creating more self-reliance and increasing your confidence and safety as you adventure. From combat in Fallujah, to the remote mountains of Afghanistan and the jungles of Costa Rica, we have trained for and actively survived in some of the world’s most unforgiving environments. We understand how knowledge, honed skills and mindset will work together to determine your response and success in any emergency.
Join our Certified Survival Instructor, Matt Tate, at our War Eagle basecamp (less than 1 mile from War Eagle Mill) where you will find great diversity in plant life, hard woods, soft woods, elevation changes and War Eagle creek runs along the property. It is teaming with wildlife and has amazing views of the bluff line and creek from our primitive camping site.
Matt Tate – Owner and Lead Survival Instructor of American Survival Co. as well as Owner of Integrated Survival Systems, Former Army Combat Engineer, NRA-Certified Instructor
Matt’s love of survival started as young kid growing up in a Cherokee community where the old ways of hunting, fishing and bushcraft of the Native American culture are still cherished.
As a combat veteran and certified survival instructor, Matt is passionate about teaching others life-saving skills to survive emergency situations and thrive in the wilderness. Matt has trained in diverse environments from the Ozarks, to swamps, jungles, mountains and the desert. Drawing on his own experiences surviving in some of the world’s most unforgiving environments, Matt is passionate about sharing the skills and lessons he has learned.
Matt served as a Combat Engineer in Fallujah, Iraq and then went on to serve with the Oklahoma Military Dept, Employment Security Commission and the Executive Branch of the US Govt.
Matt uses his wilderness and tactical experience to provide civilian, military, and organizational training domestically and internationally. He appeared in season one of Discovery Channel’s Bushcraft Build-off, designed multiple blades with world famous Dozier knives specific to survival training, and contributes to publications like Backpacker Magazine.
His survival experience is matched by his tactical experience; serving as an Army Engineer in Fallujah, Matt encountered heavy combat. He then went on to serve with the Oklahoma Military Dept, Employment Security Commission and the Executive Branch of the US Govt.
Wilderness Survival (Entry Level thru Advanced Training)
- Primitive Trapping & Modern Trapping
- Fishing Lessons & Trips
- Primitive & Modern Shelters
- Primitive Weapons
- Bow Making Workshops & Archery Training
- Atlatl Making Workshops & Training
- Slingshot Making Workshop & Training
- Water Procurement & Purification
- Fire Craft
- Civilian SERE & Self-Defense Classes
- Active Shooter Response Training & Situational Awareness
We offer a range of custom classes and training for individuals and groups. REQUEST A QUOTE HERE.
Our War Eagle base camp is located on private land, just minutes away from the historical War Eagle Mill in Rogers, Arkansas.
At our base camp you will find great diversity in plant life, hard woods, soft woods, elevation changes and War Eagle creek runs along the property. It is teaming with wildlife and has amazing views of the bluff line and creek from our primitive camping site.
- Immerse yourself in the primitive environment by staying in one of our primitive shelters, camping in a tent or setting up a hammock camp.
- Stay in our bunk house – offers 12 bunks, full kitchen, water, restroom, shower and heat. & air conditioning. $30 per person per night – submit bunk house request here.
- Stay at our fully furnished, log cabin that sleeps 8. Submit request here 2 weeks prior to class.
- Are there bathrooms available? Yes!
- Food & water? Please bring your own. Students will not have access to a kitchen or running water unless they are renting one of our facilities. Please bring plenty of bottled water and food for the time you will be with us. We will have a campfire to cook over.
- How close am I to gas and other conveniences? The closes gas stationg is 20 miles away, as are most restaurants, and other lodging options. Plan accordingly. War Eagle Mill is located less than 2 miles down the road and offers lunch every day with breakfast on the weekends. See menu and view hours here.
Come Train With Us – Archery/Primitive Weapons/Survival/Bushcraft
1-Day Mead Bamboo Horse Bow Course!
American Survival Co. – Wilderness Survival Training
Finish Your Bow With This Simple Paint Trick
1-Day ATLATL Class – Hunt & Fish like Matt Graham
Friction Fire Hack – Fire Roll with Cotton Ball
Bug Out with Alan Kay and American Survival Co.
Slingshot in a Belt: Make it, store it, wear it, learn it
Simple Tip to Maintain Your Brace Height – Recurves & Longbows
American Survival Bow Classes with Dave Mead
Cold Weather Survival Training
McPherson Deadfall: Primitive Trap Without Rocks
Adventure outdoors and learn primitive survival methods and bushcraft from veterans & #survival instructors in JAX, Florida and NW Arkansas